Public Notes


Recent Activity

  • Errol shared from A Mind For Numbers: How to Excel at Math and Science (Even If You Flunked Algebra) by Barbara Oakley
    “The number one thing I stress when students come to see me is that there is a direct connection between your hand and your brain, and the act of rewriting and organizing your notes is essential to breaking large amounts of information down into smaller digestible chunks. I have many students who prefer to type their notes in a Word document or on slides, and when these students are struggling, the first thing I recommend is to quit typing and start writing. In every case, they perform better on the next section of material.” —Jason Dechant, Ph.D., Course Director, Health Promotion and Development,...
    Note: Use your hands and write stuff down.
  • Errol shared from A Mind For Numbers: How to Excel at Math and Science (Even If You Flunked Algebra) by Barbara Oakley
    Incidentally, the little book Calculus Made Easy, by Silvanus Thompson, has helped generations of students master the subject.
    Note: Wish I knew about it in college
  • Errol shared from A Mind For Numbers: How to Excel at Math and Science (Even If You Flunked Algebra) by Barbara Oakley
    Buddha in Blue Jeans by Tai Sheridan. It’s free as an electronic book
    Note: Looks like a good intro book on meditation
  • Errol shared from The Power of Habit: Why We Do What We Do in Life and Business by Charles Duhigg
    My Life in Advertising,
    Note: Claude Hopkins used creation of habits in advertising.
  • Errol shared from a Personal Document
    horripilation.
    Note: learned a new word horripilation
  • Errol shared from Frommer's 500 Places to See Before They Disappear by Holly Hughes, Julie Duchaine
    Note: Tasmanian devil
  • Errol shared from Building Emotional Intelligence by Linda Lantieri, Daniel Goleman
    At best, IQ contributes about 20 percent to the factors that determine life success, which leaves 80 percent to other forces.[16]
    Note: So much for high IQ ... it only makes up 20% of factors that determines life success!
(Fayetteville, NC)
Errol Casey
Web Page: www.askerrol.org