About Paul J. Springer

Voracious consumer of content.

Public Notes


Recent Activity

  • Paul shared from Unfair Advantage -The Power of Financial Education by Robert T. Kiyosaki
    Today, savers are the biggest losers. Since 1971, the U.S. dollar has lost 95 percent of its value when compared to gold. It will not take another 40 years to lose its remaining 5 percent.
    Note: @therealkiyosaki is this only cause?
  • Paul shared from Art of Start by Robert Wolfe
    The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds new discoveries, is not “Eureka!” (I found it!) but “That’s funny….” —Isaac Asimov
    Note: love it!
  • Paul shared from Thinking, Fast and Slow by Daniel Kahneman
    A happy mood loosens the control of System 2 over performance: when in a good mood, people become more intuitive and more creative but also less vigilant and more prone to logical errors. Here again, as in the mere exposure effect, the connection makes biological sense. A good mood is a signal that things are generally going well, the environment is safe, and it is all right to let one’s guard down. A bad mood indicates that things are not going very well, there may be a threat, and vigilance is required. Cognitive ease is both a cause and a consequence of a pleasant feeling.
    Note: The power of positive thinking...
  • Paul shared from Thinking, Fast and Slow by Daniel Kahneman
    Mood evidently affects the operation of System 1: when we are uncomfortable and unhappy, we lose touch with our intuition.
  • Paul shared from Living Rich by Spending Smart: How to Get More of What You Really Want by Gregory Karp
    The average family of four in America spends about $8,600 a year on food, $3,600 on insurance, and $1,300 on telecommunications,
    Note: $8600/yr on food for a family of 4 means $5.89 pp per day. Puts a $4 latte in perspective...